The National Complete Streets Coalition, a program of Smart Growth America, seeks a motivated self-starter to coordinate member involvement and activities as a full-time Program Associate. The position includes significant administrative duties, but will also contribute to the coalitions communications work, research, and policy-related projects that advance the Coalition’s objectives. This is an excellent opportunity for a “people person” to help grow a national movement for safe, vibrant community streets.
Among the responsibilities of this position:
- Manage Coalition membership, including its membership database; recruitment and renewals; donations; and other outreach to current and potential Coalition members.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, including annual Complete Streets dinners; annual Coalition strategy meeting; regular Steering Committee meetings; and task force meeting.
- Coordinate financial activities, including processing invoices, reimbursing expenses, and generally tracking incoming and outgoing funds.
- Staff projects and activities with Coalition members, including researching policies, writing fact sheets, and surveying Complete Streets implementation practices.
- Manage the Coalition’s technical assistance and workshop program.
- Lead Coalition communications, in coordination with the Smart Growth America comms team, including social media, member emails, and website updates.
- Perform other tasks as required.
High-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Knowledge of Salesforce and wordpress is not required, but a definite plus.
The position reports to the Director of the National Complete Streets Program.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Smart Growth America provides a strong benefits package to employees.
The position is located in Washington, DC.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal opportunity and diversity are fundamental principles at Smart Growth America. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, three references and two short writing samples (no more than five pages) to jobs [at] smartgrowthamerica [dot] org. Please include “Complete Streets Program Associate” in the email subject line. Applications are open immediately and will be accepted on a rolling basis.