Smart Growth America seeks a candidate to provide administrative support to program staff providing support across a variety of issues. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, willing to take responsibility, able to write with proficiency, able to work well with a variety of staff, and comfortable working as part of a diverse team.
- Data entry in support of accounting functions
- Data entry in Salesforce
- Receiving information and receipts from staff to prepare and submit expense and reimbursement forms
- Tracking contracts and grants to ensure compliance with deadlines, timely preparation of invoices and progress reports
- Receiving information and supporting documentation from staff to prepare and submit invoices to clients
- Event planning and logistics management for SGA sponsored meetings, conferences and workshops
- Scheduling meetings
- Recruiting stakeholders to attend SGA events
- Assisting the President and CEO and our Staff Accountant with other aspects of the organizations’ administrative functions
This position has the growth potential into grants and contracts management as well as broader office management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
Compensation and location
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Smart Growth America provides a strong benefits package to employees. The position is located in Washington, DC.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to jobs [at] smartgrowthamerica [dot] org. Email subject line must include “Administrative Assistant”. No phone calls or letters please. This position is available immediately, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Transportation for America. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.