About Smart Growth America (SGA)
SGA is a national non-profit organization that envisions a country where no matter where you live, or who you are, you can enjoy living in a place that is healthy, prosperous, and resilient. That vision is our North Star, and we empower communities through technical assistance, advocacy, and thought leadership to realize our vision of livable places, healthy people, and shared prosperity.
About the Position
SGA is searching for an Office Manager to add to its team. The Office Manager will support the administrative functions and operations of SGA. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the position will ensure the office operates smoothly and efficiently. Responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all administrative procedures and systems.
- Develop, review, and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions for office management improvement.
- Manage facilities services (building access, fire evacuation, repairs, and maintenance etc.); maintain and cultivate relationship with property management company.
- Organize and coordinate all staff and management meetings and zoom events.
- Manage, review, and renew office contracts for equipment, supplies, materials, services etc.
- Manage office and personnel protocols that supports hybrid work schedules.
- Manage the plan and process for office move/relocation.
- Support and assist the executive assistant with board meetings preparation and coordination.
- Assist the Director, Finance and Administration with managing and reviewing corporate credit card charges and travel policy compliance.
- Implement and manage administration manual and how-to guides for staff use. Conduct regular training for staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Administration
- Manage human resources administrative activities, including new hire orientation and staff off-boarding coordination.
- Liaise with the management team in planning and leading employee recognition programs, staff retreats, holiday events, staff birthdays, etc.
- Administer annual employee benefits open enrollment and SGA business insurance renewals.
- Manage and lead office-wide communications related to hybrid work scheduling, emergency office evacuation and health-related protocols, early office closings, weather-related updates, etc.
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration with various business operations including legal, business license registration/updates, etc.
- Manage office equipment and staff technology needs (telephone, copier, email, zoom accounts, etc.), cloud storage assessment/transition, and equipment acquisition and replacement requirements in coordination with outsourced IT service provider.
- Serve as liaison with IT consultant and troubleshoot software issues, wireless network, and access.
- Maintain Datawatch cards and office access (purchase, add, delete/cancel, etc.).
Compensation and location
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a set range of $60-$65K. SGA has an entrepreneurial and innovative workplace culture where employees work collaboratively to achieve the mission with a focus on equity. SGA offers a generous employee benefits package featuring a fully paid medical plan, optional dental and vision coverage, 401k with a strong company contribution, company-paid life and disability insurance, three weeks’ vacation in the first year, and 12 paid holidays. .
This position is based in Washington, DC. SGA staff are currently working in the office at 1152 15th Street NW, Washington, DC once a week, while generally working remotely the rest of the week due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be adding more in-person days soon but expect that work will remain hybrid in the long term. The specifics of that hybrid environment are currently being determined. SGA requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. Other COVID protocols include social distancing for meetings and masks are encouraged, though not required.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Office Manager” in the subject line. Selected applicants will be contacted via email. In your cover letter, please indicate how/where you learned of this job opportunity. Applications will be accepted immediately on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
SGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.