Smart Growth America is seeking a qualified applicant to join the organization as a Senior Executive Assistant to the President & CEO.
About Smart Growth America (SGA)
SGA is a non-profit organization that envisions a country where no matter where you live, or who you are, you can enjoy living in a place that is healthy, prosperous, and resilient. We empower communities through technical assistance, advocacy, and thought leadership to realize our vision of livable places, healthy people, and shared prosperity.
SGA seeks a dynamic, super-organized, people person with a “can-do” mindset. You are the type of person that anticipates problems and tries to solve them. You have an eagle eye for details. You understand that a key part of your job is to make everyone else’s job easier. You’re excited to work in a faster-paced environment where you have to manage multiple projects, priorities and people. You communicate and write well, and enjoy working with people to get things done.
Senior executive assistant responsibilities
Travel Schedule and Daily Calendar
- Manage the overall travel schedule and daily calendar of the CEO
- Research and make travel arrangements including flights, transportation & lodging
- Schedule and organize internal and external meetings and calls
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Routing and prioritizing internal contracts, correspondence, & documents for CEO review
- Manage and maintain business contact files and databases
- Filing, clerical and organizational tasks; answer and redirect email inquiries
Liaison to Board of Directors
- Coordinate quarterly board meetings and communicate directly with Board members
- Coordinate all travel and lodging for Board members who travel to Board meetings
- Compile and organize Board meeting materials and take minutes at Board meetings
Presentations and Communications Assistance
- Design PowerPoint presentations for external and internal presentations
- Distribute blog posts and other CEO communications through email & social media
- Draft letters and email follow-up correspondence
Invoicing and Expense Reporting
- Compile receipts, invoices and other documentation for expense reporting
- Prepare invoices and check requests
- Assist in tracking special project or grant budgets
Qualifications and Experience
- Are trustworthy, of impeccable integrity and a great listener
- Are exceptionally attentive to detail
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Are able to work autonomously and execute instructions with good judgment
- Have a minimum of an Associates’ degree or Bachelor’s degree
- Have at least 2 years of previous experience assisting a senior-level leader
- Have at least 3-5 years of work experience in an office environment
- are a self-starter and you like to get things done…efficiently and effectively
- Your email submission must have the subject line “Smarter Growth”
- Have a great ability to work well with a variety of people
- Write and communicate well
- Are experienced with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the Google Suite apps platform; experience in a Mac environment preferred.
- Have experience with schedule coordination, travel management and event planning
We would consider it a bonus if you have experience with or exposure to policies relating to smart growth, including the built environment, transportation, public health, housing, economic development, arts and culture, and/or community development.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal opportunity and staff diversity are fundamental principles of Smart Growth America. Employment and promotional opportunities here are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected] before 5:00pm on May 10th. In your cover letter, please mention where you learned of this opening and explain your interest in and suitability for this position. We will review applications as we receive them. SGA will not contact any references without the applicant’s expressed permission.