Today’s the last day to use our “New Year New Intersections” promo to get a $55 discount for the Intersections conference, hosted by Smart Growth America and the National Complete Streets Coalition in partnership with the Urban Land Institute. Join the movement this April as we welcome speakers from across the country to Nashville to discuss the power of cross-collaboration, genuine community engagement, and civic design to create culturally complete streets.
If you believe that everyone regardless of age, ability, income, race, or mode of transportation ought to have safe, comfortable, and convenient access to community destinations and want to be an effective part of driving this change, register now!
Today is your last chance to save $55 on your registration! Prices return to normal rates beginning tomorrow, February 1st.
Need more convincing? Here are five reasons why you should join us in Nashville:
1. Our speakers might be talking intersections, but not in sections
More than 70 speakers, including elected officials, artists, civil engineers, public health practitioners, urban planners, activists, and much more, will break silos, cut across disciplines, and present cross-sector collaborations.
2. It’s Nashville’s moment for transit
This spring, voters will be heading to the polls to vote on a plan that would fund transit investments, including light rail and bus improvements. With the local momentum building for this upcoming referendum, there’s no better time for Complete Streets advocates to be in Nashville—one month before the vote on May 1st.
3. Explore exemplary local projects through our mobile workshops
We’re partnering with local organizations in Nashville to tour sites where homegrown artists, businesses, community activists, and designers are making streets safer, more accessible, and more strongly reflective of the city’s culture. Stay tuned for more details on our pre-conference mobile workshops, scheduled for 3:00-5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 2nd.
4. Learn about case studies from across the nation
Our diverse group of speakers will delve into local, regional, and national perspectives on how culturally Complete Streets can support local goals for land use, economies, cultures, natural environments, and the communities that live in them.
5. Save money
Register today, and you’ll save $55. But you have to act now; registration will increase to $250 on February 1st.
Can’t make it to Nashville, but still want to contribute to creating culturally Complete Streets?
- Apply for Transportation for America’s State of the Art Transportation Training, and join us as we walk through the opportunity during our informational webinar on February 6th!
- Learn more about how arts and culture can better inform transportation planning, design, and systems in Transportation for America’s A Creative Placemaking Field Scan, which was released in partnership with ArtPlace America
- Stay in touch! Subscribe now for our Arts and Culture newsletter
Images provided courtesy of Boogie Down Rides and Conexión Américas.