The 2016 LOCUS Leadership Summit featured an exceptional lineup of real estate developers, investors, local elected officials, and transportation professionals, who came together to discuss a range of topics affecting walkable, urban communities.
The Summit’s speakers talked about cutting-edge ideas for the next American century, the future of investing, 21st century mobility opportunities, and more. If you are interested in a recap of what got discussed, all of this year’s presentations are below.
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
- Doug Landry, Senior Vice President, VHB
- Tawan Davis, CEO & Managing Partner, The Streinbridge Group
- Colleen Carey, Founder and President, Cornerstone Group
- Stephanie Pollack, Secretary and CEO, Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- King Davidson, Senior Vice President of Real Estate, Fundrise
- David Wood, Director, The Initiative for Responsible Investment, Harvard Kennedy School
- Chris Leinberger, President, LOCUS: Responsible Real Estate Developers and Investors,
- Don Briggs, Executive Vice President of Development, Federal Realty Investment Trust
- André Leroux, Executive Director, Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance
- David Taylor, President, Taylor | Future Solutions, LLC, taylorfuturesolutions
- David Grannis, President and CEO, Point C, LLC
- Emiko Atherton, Director, National Complete Streets Coalition, Smart Growth America
- Michael Lander, President, Lander Group
- Chris Jones, Senior Vice President and Chief Planner, Regional Plan Association
- Daniel Parolek, Principal/Owner, Opticos Design, Inc.
- Christopher Coes, Director, LOCUS: Responsible Real Estate Developers and Investors
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
- Amanda Rhein, Senior Director of Transit Oriented Development and Real Estate, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Jim Cowdell, Executive Director, EDIC, Lynn, MA
- Bob Halpin, Town Manager, Framingham & Arthur Robert, Director, Community & Economic Development, Framingham, MA,
- Theresa Park, City of Lawrence, MA
- Ben Stone, Director, Arts and Culture, Smart Growth America
- Chris Zimmerman, Vice-President, Economic Development and Policy, SGA
- Rodney Harrell, Director, AARP Livable Communities
- Secretary Jay Ash, Department of Housing and Economic Development, Massachusetts
- Ryan Frederick, Founder and CEO, Smart Living 360
- Undersecretary Chrystal Kornegay, Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development
- Calvin Gladney, Managing Partner, Mosaic Urban Partners
- Janelle Chan, Executive Director, Asian Community Development Corporation
- Brandon Palanker, Marketing and Public Affairs at Renaissance Downtowns
- Sarah Horsley, Community Organizing Consultant, and Board Member of the Boston Tenant Coalition
Thank you so much to all of our speakers for sharing their insights, and to our conference participants for diving in to these important conversations.
The Summit may be over but networking opportunities are still available: keep the conversation going by becoming a LOCUS member today.