The National Complete Streets Coalition is excited to announce a brand new monthly webinar series, designed to help professionals from a variety of disciplines put Complete Streets principles into action. Implementation & Equity 201: The Path Forward to Complete Streets will explore a new issue each month related to creating safer, healthier, more equitable streets. The full lineup of topics includes:
- Making the Most of Main Street: Walking & Walkable Communities
- Design Guidelines & Flexibility: The Latest and Greatest
- Integrating Equity into Complete Streets Campaigns & Implementation
- Urban Design & Complete Streets: Leveraging Human-Centered Design Principles to Maximize Public & Private Value
- The Intersection of Vision Zero & Complete Streets
- Debunking Transportation for Advocates: How to Effectively Engage with Transportation Planning During Implementation
Watch the recording of “The Role of Public Health in Complete Streets”
Co-hosts Voices for Healthy Kids and the American Public Health Association joined the Coalition to explore questions such as: What’s the connection between public health and Complete Streets? And how can professionals in public health and transportation work together to create streets that are safe and convenient for a variety of active transportation choices?
The full recording of “The Role of Public Health in Complete Streets” will be available on our blog February 22. Stay tuned.
Register now for “Creating Value: Assessing the Return on Investment in Complete Streets”
How can benefit-cost analyses emphasize the value of Complete Streets? And what can advocates do to make Complete Streets a higher priority in city and state budgets?
Join us for “Creating Value: Assessing the Return on Investment in Complete Streets”, the second event in our new webinar series. Co-host Stantec will join the Coalition in exploring all these questions and more during the event on March 23, 2017 from 1:00-2:00 PM EST.
These events will be great opportunities to dig in on how to make Complete Streets happen in communities across the country. We look forward to having you join us.