Union Market in Washington, DC. Photo by Tom Bridge via Flickr.
Washington, DC is gaining attention for its new food scene, and the city’s great neighborhoods are helping making that possible.
Join us on Thursday, June 20, 2013 for Food in the City: Creating food centers and communities, a panel discussion and reception about the intersection of smart growth development and DC’s burgeoning food community. Weigh in about how small businesses are changing real estate, and how the city can support food industry entrepreneurs through better development.
Union Market, 1309 5th Street NE, Washington, DC
Leading the conversation will be:
- Beth Kanter, Author of Washington DC Chef’s Table and Food Lovers’ Guide to Washington, D.C. (co-moderator)
- Emily Pearl Goodstein, Photographer for Washington DC Chef’s Table (co-moderator)
- Gina Chersevani, Owner and Mixologist of Buffalo & Bergen
- Will Morrow, Owner and Operator of Whitmore Farm
- Stacey Price, Executive Director of Think Local First DC
- Che Ruddell-Tabisola, Owner-Operator of BBQ BUS DC
We hope to see you there!
This is the second in our series of “In the City” events in which we highlight how small businesses across many sectors are connecting to neighborhoods and different kinds of city spaces. Our first event focused on tech startups—read more here.