Arts & Transportation Rapid Response Application
With support from the Kresge Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts, Smart Growth America is now accepting applications for Arts & Transportation Rapid Response, a new opportunity for cities looking to creatively and quickly address pandemic-related transportation challenges. Interested jurisdictions may apply using the form below.
Selected agencies will be matched with an artist who will work with the agency over the next few months on their proposed project. Participating artists will receive between $5,000 to $20,000 to support the artists’ time and project materials, as well as a short series of training sessions to prepare them to work with the transportation agencies. Agencies applying for this opportunity should submit project ideas that can be addressed with this scale of funding. Smart Growth America will also provide project management support, a photographer to document each selected project, and a stipend in the range of $2,500 – $7,500—based on project scope—to the selected agencies to ensure that this is a benefit rather than a burden to their ongoing work.
- Appropriateness of selected challenge or opportunity, and its relationship to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Level of creativity exhibited by the explanation of how an artist or designer might help.
- Relevance of an artistic intervention to support the selected challenge or opportunity.
- SGA will select cities that represent a diverse range of population sizes, geographic locations, and transportation challenges and opportunities.
- Connection to addressing inequities in transportation.
Are you an artist looking to get involved? Fill out this form to add your name to our list of artists for the Arts & Transportation Rapid Response.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through May 26. Applications will be reviewed starting on May 14. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, May 26 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The application period for the Arts & Transportation Rapid Response has closed.