Be a member
LOCUS is a national network of real estate developers, investors, and professionals united to advance equitable, walkable urban development in communities across the country. You are invited to join us.
LOCUS is unique as a purpose-driven community of real estate developers and investors, committed to smart growth and a triple-bottom-line approach.
Together LOCUS members work to increase funding and financing for smart growth development; improve regulations at all levels of government to support smart growth; and change federal programs to improve housing and transportation options for all Americans.
LOCUS members have a voice in state capitols and in Washington; opportunities to network with like-minded professionals; new ideas, resources, and learning opportunities through LOCUS’ policy resources and newsletters; and a platform to showcase their projects and enhance their commitment to triple-bottom-line development.
Members also receive exclusive invitations to connect with policymakers seeking to advance smart growth, and better understand the market dynamics and challenges often hampering equitable, walkable development outcomes.
Learn more about LOCUS and the coalition here.
- Influence policymakers: Meet with federal, state, and local policymakers through LOCUS member meetings and workshops, or on a LOCUS Hill Day. Influence national, state, and local public policy through a LOCUS policy working group or state-level effort. LOCUS has also designed new policies, such as the REHAB Act, in response to identified member needs and trends presenting barriers to smart growth.
- Guide policy: LOCUS is the chief advisory group to Smart Growth America on real estate issues. Members provide expert advice to Smart Growth America on a variety of technical and policy issues, influencing SGA’s research, future projects, and policy positions.
- Receive in-depth analysis: Members receive the top headlines relevant to real estate developers via the LOCUS newsletter, memos, and resources detailing the latest on new policies and funding sources, with a special focus on funding sources aligned with the delivery of smart growth projects. Members also receive select access to Transportation 4 America member resources, which provide the latest policy updates on investments in transit and infrastructure to support smart growth.
- Meet elected leaders and federal policymakers: Members enjoy special invitations to LOCUS events, and our monthly members meeting, that connect LOCUS real estate developers with like-minded elected officials in cities across the country.
- Meet C-Suite executives: Steering Committee members, many of whom are C-level executives at innovative development companies, participate in monthly leadership calls to craft LOCUS’ strategy and receive in-depth advocacy updates.
- Join the national conference: Enjoy discounted rates to the annual LOCUS Leadership Summit, the premier annual conference bringing together real estate developers, investors, elected officials, and Washington thought leaders all in one place for education, networking, and advocacy.
- Connect online: Meet, connect with, and learn from fellow LOCUS members through our monthly members’ meetings which include programming and networking opportunities. These meetings regularly feature leaders from the federal government coming to present new policy updates and receive industry feedback from the LOCUS membership base, who represent leaders in the field.
- Receive the latest news: Stay up to date with what’s happening in smart growth and federal policy through our monthly newsletters and as-it’s-happening e-blasts on new policies and funding streams related to smart growth.
- Learn from digital resources: Receive educational materials focused on policies most relevant to real estate developers and nominate policies of interests for LOCUS Deep Dives.
- Gain access to expert advice: Our expert staff is available for advisory services and technical assistance tailored specifically to your company’s priorities.
- Get out in front: Be among the first to see Smart Growth America’s new research and reports.
- Develop professionally: Participate in LOCUS and Smart Growth America’s webinars and educational events.
- Enhance your reputation: Be featured in our monthly newsletters, or have your key smart growth policies highlighted through LOCUS social media, which showcases the best developers and top regions for walkable, urban development that meet LOCUS’ triple-bottom-line philosophy.
- Speak nationally: Provide the smart growth developer’s perspective at conferences and forums across the country through invitations curated by Smart Growth America and LOCUS.
Questions? Please contact [email protected].