Tuesday, November 6 and Tuesday, November 13 3:00-4:00pm ET. Join the National Endowment for the Arts to learn how organizations can apply to the 2013 Our Town program.
- NEA Design Director Jason Schupbach and Our Town specialist Jamie Hand will give an overview presentation followed by a Q&A session.
Tuesday, November 13, 1:00-2:40pm ET. The Power of People: Engaging Stakeholders in Your Community’s Projects. Join NACo to learn strategies for county staff to engage elected officials and other community leaders in community planning projects.
- Many planning projects, especially economic development initiatives that impact neighborhoods and downtowns, can be emotionally-charged and potentially controversial. Therefore, the projects that engage as many residents and stakeholder groups as possible throughout the planning process have a better chance of incurring support of the larger community.
- The webinar will feature innovative strategies from regional planning projects and a “clinic” to critique outreach materials submitted by a select number of HUD 2010/2011 sustainability grants recipients.
Thursday, November 15, 1:00-2:15pm ET. Join the City of Moline, IL, the City of Cincinnati, OH, and the HUD-DOT-EPA Partnership for Sustainable Communities for a discussion of transit-oriented development (TOD) projects in each city.
- Participants will learn about the innovative approaches Moline and Cincinnati have taken to achieve economic growth and revitalize neighborhoods, and support that is available from the HUD-DOT-EPA Partnership to communities interested in undertaking TOD.
- Join the webinar here. Audio is available by calling 1-888-850-4523. Participant passcode: 719661. This conference has a maximum audio capacity of 299 callers. Please share phone lines if possible.